Miami-Dade County invites the submittal of proposals from experienced developers to provide creative and specialized development strategies for approximately 13.25 acres of county-owned property, located at NW 215 Street and NW 27 Avenue, Miami, Florida.
The proposed development must include the following elements:
(1) A Transit Hub (refer to attached RFP for specific features and requirements)
(2) A Commercial and/or mixed-use development that will provide a pedestrian friendly environment which incorporates the Transit Hub, provides amenities to the surrounding community and to Transit patrons.
(3) A public open-air plaza, which will be readily visible and accessible to the residents of the surrounding community and to Transit patrons. (refer to attached RFP for specific features and requirements)
* The most recent Miami-Dade County Board of County Commissioners Meeting (March, 2015) stated that all proposals received were rejected, and that the solicitation will be re-advertised. Relevant dates and times will follow.
* For zoning and planning requirements, contact Irma Matos, Associate Planner at firstname.lastname@example.org and 305-622-8000, Ext 2675.
The Site is located within the City of Miami Gardens, across the street from Calder Casino and Race course, between NW 27th Avenue and NW 29th Avenue, and adjacent to the Florida Turnpike (Homestead Extension). The Site is a combination of two (2) parcels of land, separated by an unimproved road, that together create an irregular shape of developable land. The Site has a significant frontage along NW 27th Avenue, a high traffic volume roadway, which travels from Miami-Dade County into the Broward County.
The County’s development objectives include developing a multi-use commercial corridor or hub, which successfully fosters businesses while enhancing transit system operation and passenger requirements, catalyzing private sector investments, promoting job creation, and serving the needs and interests of the surrounding community in ways that the proposed project will be of highest construction quality and standards in addition to being safe, ecologically responsible, functional, and attractive. The proposed development should provide complimentary uses that capitalize on the proximity to a transit station, serve as a gateway into Miami Gardens, with a mixed-use area and variety of public spaces, and generate a long term source of income for the operation of the transit system.
The following dates are key dates to keep in mind:
(1) By December 1, 2016, the selected proposer shall submit 60% design plans of the Transit Hub to the County for review and approval.
(2) By no later than October 3, 2016, the selected proposer shall commence with construction of the Transit Hub.
(3) By no later than June 30, 2019, the selected proposer shall have substantially completed the construction of the Transit Hub.
The Site will be leased to the selected proposer under a long-term Ground Lease in “as-is” “where-is” condition. The lease term is negotiable; however, it cannot exceed ninety-nine (99) years. The selected proposer shall pay the County the Initial Rent for the period between the award and approval by the Board of County Commissioners and the date that the Selected Proposer is able to occupy any portion of the Development Project under the Ground Lease and/or the Development Agreement (Date of Beneficial Occupancy). In addition, after the Date of Beneficial Occupancy and through the termination of the Ground Lease, the proposer shall pay the County Guaranteed Rent, in accordance with the terms of the Ground Lease.
Refer to the attached RFP for full description and requirements of Design Guidelines.
Contact the City of Miami Gardens zoning department for additional information and for questions regarding zoning and land use regulations.